WOW!

WOW!

Has it really been a little over a month since my last blog post?

I guess you could say I have been a huge blog slacker.

It's not that I have nothing new or exciting to share with all you fellow blogger' s.

I have just been slacking.

It's a good thing that being a blogger is not my job.

I would be FIRED!!!!

To be perfectly honest I have been busy with planning a wedding!

Who is getting Married you ask?

myself and Owain's daddy Eric.

On the evening of August 1 we will Mr. & Mrs. Owains mommy and daddy.Obliviously that is not our real last name but on the blog I like to keep that private.

Needless to say we are excited but overwhelmed with all the details it takes to plan a wedding.

Not only are we planning a wedding but I have been working on a CDH project I am really excited about. Most of you in the CDH community probably already heard of Letters for CDH. With the deadline just around the corner (July 15) I should not be blogging I should be getting to work. It's not to late to get involved!!! Learn how to get involved here.

So what has our little man been up to lately?

He is becoming quite the little chatter box. He learns a new word just about everyday. Just the other day he said two new words "wedding" gee I wonder were he learned that word? and "bulldooozer" He is obsessed with construction equipment and anything that has to do with transportation.

He has also been enjoying juice Popsicle on a hot summer day.
Playing in his new sand box.
And falling on the sidewalk and getting his first scraped knees.
Since then he has had plenty more scrapes and bruises.Boys will be boys!

As far as Owain's health. It's fantastic! A few months ago he had a follow up with his Surgeon. His Xray looked great! Everything looked just how it looked after his last two surgeries back in November. We don't need to go back for another xray until November. I think it is great that he doesn't need to have another xray until then but it always makes me nervous. The two times Owain had a recurrence he showed absolutely no sign! Which scares me.We just keep a close eye on him and pray that his three gore tex patches do their job as part of his diaphragm.

Don't think that just because I haven't been blogging that I haven't been following all the CDH warriors. Every night before I go to bed and every morning when I wake up I say a special prayer for each and every one of them and their families.

Please join me in pray for out fellow CDH warriors.
Ruby,Jaime,Kamryn,Avery

Another little girl that desperately needs our prayers is Kate. She is fighting her own battle not related to CDH. Please visit her blog and pray for sweet Kate and her family. Pray for a miracle.

Thank You.

I promise I will be back.

And this time you won't have to wait a whole month.

I promise.I promise. I promise.

I am back to blogging!
4 Responses
  1. Slacker! (just kidding) I like to think that you've been spending all your blogging time composing letters for CDH, right?? :)

    I'm glad to see that things are normal around your house and Owain is enjoying being a boy.

    Congrats on becoming Mr.& Mrs. Mommy and Daddy.


  2. Its great to hear an update. Congrats! I love weddings! I should be a wedding planner. I love the pics of Owain.


  3. I just sent a letter via email to Oprah. Now I'll write one for the Ellen show.
    All of you are doing such tremendous things in the CDH network and making history! Let's keep spreading the word and building awareness.

    Grandma Margaret


  4. Hua Says:

    Hi Amber,


    Hope your wedding plan is going well! I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I was very moved by your son's battle with CDH, and I think your blog would be a great addition to our Network to help people with CDH. I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

    Best,
    Hua