Level 3 at Legacy Emmanual

Level 3 at Legacy Emmanual

About a month ago I came across this series of articles on my friend Darcy's blog. Her son Owen was born with RCDH and was born at Legacy and spent a month in the NICU a year before our little Owain would begin his fight at the very same hospital.

This series was published in 2003, before our boys was even thought of, before we even knew what CDH was or that babies get sick and sometimes die.

This is an amazing series, I urge you to read it. I am posting about it here in particular because I know some of you who read this also had a CDH baby at Legacy and would love to read more about this amazing place and the fantastic nurses who work there. Also, some of you have or are expecting a CDH babe, this gave me quite a good (if intense) view of what goes on in a Level 3 unit from the nurses perspective.

The series: Fighting for life on Level 3

On the above page there are also links to some related stories as well as a photo gallery that goes with each article.

So when you have a moment, grab a box of tissues and get a little glimpse of this little world that we were a part of while and will never forget.

Dacy thank you for sharing these articles I found them to be very interesting and boy did they bring back a lot of memories. I also new that it takes a special someone to be a NICU nurse and these articles really bring it into perspective.

0 Responses