OUR BOY IS BACK!



If you asked me Wednesday or Thursday of last week  "how long do your think O will have to be in the hospital?" I probably would have  replied with a sigh "  I would be shocked if we were home by  Easter"I was prepared to stay in the honeymoon sweet (sea horse room 22) for  two weeks.

After all my sweet baby boy was  miserable. Recovering from an eight hour surgery. Hooked up to monitors an I.V in his right arm and left foot. One chest tube,a Jackson Pratt drain,an epidural, morphine every two hours.tylenol every four, unable to have the full use of his left arm. Sleepless nights. Terrified of white coats and scrubs.He was  not my happy go lucky boy. He was miserable, demanding, hurting,just plain miserable. Hubs and I were feeling exhausted,helpless. We hated seeing our boy in pain. Ripped of being an active energetic two year to being confined to an hospital crib for  days. In and out of a drugged state.

Drugged,scared,confused.
Not my happy go lucky boy.
Just plain miserable.

Well tonight  I am sitting here in the comfort of  my home shocked. Home sweet home,we are! Boy! Oh boy! it feels good to be home! Little man is sleeping peacefully with his Slinky kitty curled up at the foot of his bed. Hubs is sleeping next to him on the plum colored couch. We moved O's bed in the living room for the time being so we could keep a close eye on him. With him having the Jackson Pratt drain( which has to be drained every 4-6 hours) and a sling on his left arm for at least the next two weeks. He needs to be closely monitored. We don't want to risk   his left arm wiggling it's way out of the sling. It is important with the healing of loosing his Lattissimus Dorsi (which is now his diaphragm) to avoid reaching up with his left arm. Two weeks or less he will no longer need the sling. At first I was concerned how Owain would handle only having full function of his right arm. He has handled it remarkably well. My boy is a wonder boy! We are so blessed!With everything he has been through he continues to amaze me. Amaze us.
 So small yet so strong.

In a matter of twenty four hours (three days post op)
 Our happy go lucky boy is back. Full of life. Happy.
having the desire to play, play,play and play. Being silly, Calling the nurses "wacky "
 with a devilish grin. My boy is back! Our boy is back! We are so blessed! OUR BOY! IS BACK!

  
2 Responses
  1. Jen Says:

    Yay!!! Home sweet home!!


  2. Darcy Says:

    Woohooo! What a rock star! I can only imagine how good that feels! What a strong little man!
    darcy