a little bit of Christmas... six days early

My mother  (aka Grandma Outrageous) came to town. We celebrated a little bit of Christmas six days early. The night before our little bit of Christmas we made Fake Turtles with the intentions of us giving them away in cute little Christmas tins to all our friends and family. Well they are literally mouth watering goodness you can't just eat one. You can't just eat five.....They are ridiculously good. Needless to say I had to buy more of all three ingredients so we would have enough to share the goodness with all of our friends and family.

* I promise friends and family I will make more and share the goodness (thanks Kari for sharing your recipe)

While we were munching on our Fake Turtles in complete bliss we watched a Christmas movie Elf which is becoming a tradition in our family.

We laughed.we munched.we laughed.we munched. Well you get the idea. I think I will be avoiding the scale until the new year.or until I hit the gym for a good month straight. Then maybe I will have the courage to hop on the scale.For now it's the holidays and I am going to eat has many fake turtles until the new year.

The next morning we opened up gifts and I made sweet potato waffles (another favorite new recipe I discovered) We had a lovely little bit of Christmas six days early. Because of distance had having four sets of  families. It makes it difficult to be able to spend the Holidays with all four sets of families.I can't even remember the last time I had Christmas with my mom. Kinda sad.

I think my mom and my immediate family (my man and little man) will make this a family tradition. It may be six days early but we can still celebrate Christmas together.We were sad(sniff sniff) to have to say goodbye this afternoon.but thankful we  were able to have the last twenty four hours together.

It felt like Christmas...Six days early.

 
In case your wondering that is a whistle in Owain's mouth 
not a pacifier,soothe,binky,nuk
0 Responses