all in a days work

Play at the indoor playground,paint with sponges,laundry,read books,build a bridge out of blocks,shake my booty while Owain plays the keyboard,let my little man get creativity with scissors,glitter and glue (wait until you see what he created),sweep,play in the sand box,called his Doctors office left a message,unload the dish washer,flash cards,answer a call from his Doctors office (more on that later),waste some time on Facebook while my little man should be sleeping,check my email,unload the dish washer,color with wonder markers,make pan cakes for dinner,feed the cats,reload the dish washer,clean up pee off the floor,have bath time not once but twice,scrub Owain's head repeatedly but gently to remove all most of the sand,pick up blocks all  in a days work.

I love my job being Owain's momma. I couldn't think of anything else I would rather do than watch my little man grow and learn.Before Owain was born my job was pretty similar. I worked in child care for fifteen years.watching,teaching,playing and loving other peoples children. I  loved every minute of it.One of my favorite age groups to work with is two through five when there little big imaginations are in full swing and they say the funniest things and sometime be brutally honest.Through out my career I kept a journal and wrote down every clever thing they said. Here are some of my favorites.....

wavy blonde hair blue eyed four year old Marissa runs up to me in a panic "Amber,Amber we have to call my mom I left my brain at home!" She was dead series. I had to calm her and reassure her that her brain was still safely inside her cute little head.

Sweet little Emma 21/2 said "when I was a baby I was in my mom's  tummy and I popped out of her butt!"

"Only grown ups can eat chocolate before bed time"
Caleb 4 yrs old.

"I always feel like I'm 41/2 even though I'm 5.I just don't feel like I am old."
Sophia 5yrs old.

"when I grow up I want to be a teenager" Today Hunter is only a couple years away from her aspiration.
Hunter 5yrs old

"When I grow up I want to be piglet"
Aspen 3 yrs old

"I am skipping like a tornado"
Jack 2yrs old.

"Lady bugs just don't taste very good"
Mallory 3 yrs' old

" I can't go to jail because they don't put princess in jail."
Sophie 4 yrs old.

"I wanna get a homawk"
Gabe 5 yrs old.

"kid rock baby oh ya!"
Maclean 3yrs old.

"batman wears pull ups"
Sean 2 yrs old

"My dreams are in the air"
Emily 3 yrs old.

"I am going to the moon to eat pepper sauce"
Clair 2 yrs old.

and my all time favorite from my  five year old  nephew Isaiah

"Amber your tummy is only a little bit fat,my mom's is a lot fat!"

I am so happy that I kept this journal. It's fun to look back on and get a good laugh. Hope you enjoyed it. What are some of the things your kids have said?
0 Responses