Sea horse room 22

I am sitting here in sea horse room 22(the same room we were in 16 months ago) listening to the buzzing of the machines.The drip of the IV. Finding Nemo playing  in the back ground for the third time today. Owain is in and out concious. He currently has an epidural,morphine and Tylenol to help with the pain. His surgery yesterday lasted eight long  hours and it was pretty invasive. Owain remained stable through it all! Everything went as planned. I don't have the energy to explain in great detail of what exactly was done I will save that for later.

Right now our number one goal is managing his pain.This afternoon seems to be doing better than last night. Last night was pure HELL. None of us slept longer than ten minutes at a time. The hardest part right now is not being able to hold him(he has been put on bed  to comfort him when he is having fits of rage because his left arm is in a sling,he has two chest tubes and he hates seeing the IV's in his hands. My heart aches for him. I hate seeing him go through all this AGAIN. What brings him comfort beside all the pain medication is his momma,daddy and grandma's caress of his sweet little swollen face(during surgery they pumped him full of fluids which caused him to swell). Oh and Nemo. Does anyone know where I could find a stuffed Nemo?

By the look of things we are going to be here for a while. Sea horse room 22 is our home for now. Thank you to all of you for keeping our little man in your thoughts and prayers. Reading all of the comments on facebook have been helping us get through this bump in the road.

Much love to all of you!
8 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    hang in there you guys, thanks for the updates. this is temporary and hopefully what they did will heal Owain for good. sending big hugs to you three, know that there is a power higher than all of us who is watching and comforting and loving. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS! xoxo ~ Kari


  2. Unknown Says:

    Thanks for the update on Owain. I will miss him at storytime tomorrow. I looked online for Nemo and it looks like the Disney store has them. Amazon also has Nemo.

    Thinking of you, Natalie


  3. Jen Says:

    Glad the surgery is over! Praying for a quick recovery, it's so very hard to see them in pain!!


  4. Tasha Says:

    Im so glad to hear that Owain is doing good. Sucks that he's in so much pain. Everytime I read an update my eyes well up with tears. I know he's doing fine, but its so sad to read about the pain he's going through. When I think of him I vision the times like the last time he was here at the house running around the back yard and always wanting to play foosball. When he's back 100% we'll have to get that table top off for him so he can play again.

    I hope that you and Eric can get some relaxation and rest (even if its ten minutes at a time). Owain needs his parents to be strong too :)

    With love, Tasha


  5. I'm glad surgery is done and over and by the sounds of it 8 hours- hoping it's the last!! You could get a stuffed Nemo from Amazon- delivered next day- may cost more, but I don't know what stores are around- so that is all I got for ya..

    I feel for you and daddy- not being able to hold your big guy- just know it will soon be over and you'll be at home getting all the love you want in a day!! :) We will continue to pray for Owain to have a fast recovery! Hang in there!


  6. So glad to hear that things went as expected! I can only imagine the heartache of having your little boy feel all that pain and be old enough to be aware of it. :-( Hopefully it gets a little easier day by day.

    Disney stores do sell Nemos, but I dont know if you have one near by. I know many of the stores have closed over the years. Amazon may be your best bet!

    Take care and stay strong!!


  7. Darcy Says:

    Oh, Amber, I can't imagine how hard this has been to see Owain in such pain. You are all in my prayers.
    darcy


  8. Aaron Says:

    Stay strong! Everything will be alright. I wish I could be there with you all. I love you guys!