date and game plan

We finally have a date and a game plan for Owain's surgery.Hip hip hooray. Not hip hip hooray Owain has to have a fourth surgery.It would be fantastic if our little man did not have yet another recurrence but the reality is he needs to have another surgery. So Hip hip hooray finally a game plan and a date.

Tuesday March 30 a team of Doctors will be working together to fix O's recurrence. Dr. Z  Owain's main surgeon since day one. He has  been their through every bump in the road. We love him and are very thankful he will be in the OR (operating room). Dr.S we have not had the pleasure of meeting him yet.I do know he is one of the best. He has been a pediatric surgeon for over twenty five years. The third surgeon  being brought into the equation we met with  him this morning. Dr.L he is a plastic re-constructive and aesthetic surgeon. Your probably wondering why he is being brought into the picture. That is where I bring you to plan A. Remember a few post back I mentioned one of the possibilities other than gore tex is latissimus dorsi flap. Well that is exactly what Dr.L's job will be. He has done hundred's of these type of surgeries but O's case will be a first for him. He is very confident that he is the right man for the job. We are too. Their is always a plan B and C but  quite frankly I am to tired to explain all this medical lingo.

I am happy that their is finally a game plan..O is still showing no sign of discomfort. The scary thing is if he didn't have that x ray two months ago we still would not have a clue that part of his large bowel is poking through his gore tex patch.We are so thankful for that x ray and for his team of Doctors working together to come up with a better solutions. I am at peace with this next big surgery. Hoping and praying that this one will be  his last and final surgery. Only time will tell.

We have been busy enjoying every moment  not being in the hospital. Keeping things as normal as possible. Going to story time at our local library,play dates hanging out at home playing in the sand box or park when the weather permits. It's been nice. I am so glad that I haven't kept O in lock down. Which was my first gut reaction two months ago. We decide the best thing for O is to keep our normal routine. Of course my fear is him getting sick before his surgery. Knock on wood. .We are frequent hand washers. He has been 100% healthy.We are so thankful.
Can you guess where we ventured off to this past Sunday that had our little man jumping in excitement?
4 Responses
  1. it's great to hear that there is scheduled date. Owain looks so happy! Praying that he stays sick free and that the surgery goes well and this will be the last one.



  2. I'm so happy that you finally have a date and a plan! I hope the flap works as his repair. And I love the Zoo train pics. We're going to the Philly Zoo this summer and I hope Carter enjoys it that much :)


  3. Darcy Says:

    Amber,
    I am so glad that you finally know "the plan" for Owain. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers, that he will remain healthy before surgery and that his surgery will go smoothly. I'll be thinking of you guys!
    darcy