six weeks

Six weeks ago today Owain had his routine x-ray.

Three days later Dr.Z (surgeon) called to inform us that his x-ray looks light he might have re herniated  again!

He put a referral  for an ultra sound.

Two weeks later he finally had an ultra-sound which ultimately led to a CT scan the next day.

The Friday afternoon of the CT scan Dr.Z called to inform us yes Owain has had another recurrence.Early next      week he was going to ask the senior surgeon his input and what other options are there?

We waited and waited and waited and waited until I finally called Dr.Z office last Thursday. He was still waiting to hear from the Senior surgeon.

At this point I am super annoyed and frustrated. It's been six weeks since that x-ray, a month since the CT scan and we are still waiting for a game plan and a surgery date! The longer we wait the more concerned I am that Owain's situation will only get worse.It could be life threatening.Thankfully Owain is still doing well considering.
Making lots of BM's (bowel movement) very important when some of your bowl is poking through your diaphragm. He has been whinier than usual. I don't know if it's just teeth,being two or if his uncomfortable because he has some of his bowel poking through! Do you understand where I am coming from? or am I just not being patient enough? I feel like for the last six weeks I have been pretty darn patient but it's time to get this ball rolling before it becomes a life threatening situation!
5 Responses
  1. wow six weeks !! I don't think I could wait that long!! You have been pretty patient with this and I would be just as concerned as you!! I hope they come up with a game plan soon!! Like today or tomorrow.. this is not ok for them to keep pushing it aside. We are praying your docs pull it together to get Owain repaired!!


  2. Unknown Says:

    You have the patience of a saint, Amber. It is ridiculous that you have heard nothing, I don't know how you are so calm when writing about this. I think I would be a mess.


  3. Jen Says:

    How incredibly frustrating for you guys! I hope you have a plan very soon!


  4. Darcy Says:

    I can't believe you are still waiting! Does Dr. Z have "plan" for how long he will wait for this surgeon? I am with you, the longer you wait chance of problems increases. I will pray that they come up with a plan and SOON!
    darcy


  5. You are much more patient than I would be. I'd be demanding an answer and I'd want it NOW! I hope you get some answers and a plan very soon.
    -Kellie