I have a weakness....

I have a weakness....
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate
Yup that pretty much sums that up.
Anything chocolate I love!
Chocolate is my weakness.
Who doesn't like chocolate?
and if you don't like chocolate I want to know what planet you are from?


Chocolate became my weakness when I was a young girl. My mom would make these to die for no bake cookies. Seriously they are the best chocolate cookie I have ever tried.I can't just eat one and that is where it gets kinda dangerous to have no bake's just laying around.Well if I am around they won't be laying around for long. Today I am going to share with you my mom's No bake cookies. They really are no bakes no oven needed just a stove top. They are a little tricky to get them just right. It took me a few hundred times until I mastered the art of the no bake cookie. Seriously they are to die for!

No Bake Cookis
1 cube butter
3tbsp.cocoa (oh yeah!)
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1tsp. vanilla
1-2tsp. peanut butter (optional)
1/3 cup coconut (optional)
Oatmeal (I never measure the Oatmeal I just pour until it's kinds thick but not to thick)

Combine all ingredients except vanilla,oatmeal,coconut in a pot. Bring to soft ball stage. This is where it gets kinda tricky it helps to have a candy thermometer. Then add vanilla,oatmeal until thick. Drop on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Let the cookies cool. Once they are cooled they should harden. If they are a sticky gooey mess then you know they never reached the softball stage. 

Enjoy!
Just to give you of an idea how much I love chocolate as  I type I am sipping on a hot chocolate with a melted peanut butter cup. Oh yeah chocolate and peanut butter! Doesn't get much better than this.

What is one of your weaknesses?
0 Responses