Daddy to the Rescue

Today Owain had a appointment with the eye doctor (I will go into more detail) but first I will tell how daddy saved the day.

Owain's appointment was bright and early and it was on the other side of town. Living in Portland we had to give our selves an hour to get to his appointment just in case with morning rush hour. With that being said I woke up with Owain around 5:30am. With only five hours of sleep I was pretty tired. We had two hours until we had to leave. I figured their was no point in trying to take a little cat nap. I still had to get myself and Owain dressed,feed him,give him his morning medicine and pack the diaper bag. Oh and wake up daddy.Sometimes I fell like I am running around the house like a mad women trying to get everything ready in order for us to leave the house.

After bringing Owain home from the NICU I feel like I am getting a pretty good system down. For just a day outing I no longer pack the big diaper bag that feels like I am toting a suitcase! After a few months I realized I was over packing half the stuff in our giant suitcase diaper bag we never used. So I downsized and started to use a much smaller bag.

Up until today I never forgot a single thing that Owain might need during an outing. Yes I forgot the one thing I new Owain was gong to need ASAP. His formula! I can't believe I forgot his formula. I remember his bottle but no formula. I felt horrible and I new it was only a matter of time when Owain would want his bottle. Since it has been nearly three hours since he last ate! We were still waiting in the waiting room and I really did not want a tired,hungry baby while his Doctor tried to examine him. With no bottle with formula to give him. I had bottle with water but I don't think water would satisfy a hungry baby.

This is were daddy saved the day! He went to the other side of Kaiser to the pediatrics and asked if they had any formula to spare and they did! Woohoo! They gave him several samples of the same formula Owain drinks. Thanks to daddy we were able to feed Owain his bottle and he was happy during his appointment.

Your probally asking why we had to take Owain to the eye doctor? We were a little concerned because we noticed that Owain's right eye was a little lazy and the pupil was a little more dilated than the left eye. So we thought it would be good idea to get it checked out. The doctor took a look at Owain's eyes and they look great. She said with his pupil being a little dilated is normal. Now you can't even tell his right eye was a little lazy(we made this appointment a couple of months ago) so it is already started to correct it self. We were happy to hear Owain's eyes look great and as of now he doesn't need glasses.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    that is a great story! Raynah was about that age when i started to forget stuff. it happens and that won't be the last time! i forgot to send you a link to our blogspot so here it is! http://www.kelleyfamily3.blogspot.com/