Update on Baby Elliott

Elliot is a week old and she is currently stable on ECMO (a lung ,heart bypass machine). The plan is to do her repair surgery this Thursday on ECMO. Their are a lot of risk doing the repair surgery on ECMO but with or without ECMO their are always risk with any surgery. Elliott won't be able to began her road to recovery until she has her repair surgery and the Surgeons feel it is best for Elliott because her defect is fairly large it will be in her best interest to do the surgery on ECMO.

One baby comes to mind when I hear of a CDH (Congital Diaphragmatic Hernia) baby having to have their repair surgery on ECMO is baby Jack. If I recall correctly after his repair surgery he was completely weaned off of ECMO! Jack just celebrated his first birthday and he is doing great! I love to hear of other CDH success story like Jack. I know that every CDH baby is different and just because one is weaned off ECMO during surgery doesn't meen another CDH will be too, but reading Jack's story gives me great hope for baby Elliott.

I am asking all of my fellow readers to please keep Elliott and her parents Brian and Cassi in your prayers and pray extra hard this Thursday that the surgeons and nurses will successfully repair Elliott's hernia and she will remain stable and hopefully soon Elliott will be strong enough to be weaned off of ECMO.

Thank You
0 Responses