Follow up with Dr.Zigman

Yesterday Owain had his third outpatient appointment with his Surgeon Dr.Zigman. I feel incredible blessed to have this man in our life. He is truly gifted Surgeon and I honestly belief our little warrior wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Dr.Zigman.We love you Dr.Zigman!

The appointment went great! Dr.Zigman was thrilled to see Owain doing so well. As a Surgeon I bet the best part of the job is seeing your patients recover and thriving. He is so good with Owain. You can tell he as a love for children. While he was examining our little man he was able to get a few smiles out of him. Which doesn't happen to often when Owain has an appointment with his Pediatrician. He screams the whole time unless mommy or daddy is holding him. Don't get me wrong we like Owain's pediatrician but Dr.Zigman has a special way with Owain he makes silly faces and talks to him. He makes him comfortable.

No big changes that need to be reported. Owain didn'tt need to have an x ray because he had one three months ago. In three months when we see Dr.Zigman again we will have another x ray.
His lungs sounds great! Woohoo! He still is going to continue to take Omeprazole (for reflex). Overall Owain's reflex is under control he will have a few days without any reflex and occasionally he will have a big case of reflex(like my last post) because of that Dr.Zigman thinks it would be a good idea to keep him on it for a few more months. I think thats it to report. Owain is a happy healthy six month! Typing that is like music to my ears at the very beginning of this crazy CDH (Congital Diaphragmatic Hernia) I didn't know if I would ever be able to say that. We are so incredible blessed to have Owain's health.

After Owain's appointment with Dr.Zigman we stopped by Dr.Friedman's office (my perinatologist)It was a bitter sweet moment being able to show Owain off to Dr.Friedman and the Nurses. For months Eric and I felt like we lived in his office having appointments every two weeks. Dr.Friedman is another Doctor that I love. Him and his staff are amazing they helped us get through some very difficult times and gave us hope for our unborn son.
1 Response
  1. Fer Says:

    It's so good to read that the appointment went well!