101.2

self portrait taking by your truly..

Mr.Owain woke up with a fever this morning. Not a  high fever only 101.2. I am keeping a close eye on it though. Since this morning it's gone down to 100. with the help of Tylenol. It's kinda ironic little man is sick just the other day I was reading another blog of another sweet little boy with a fever and such and I thought to myself yup it's defiantly getting to be that time of year cold flu season thankfully it hasn't hit my little man yet. Knock on wood. Except I forgot to knock on wood and now two days after my thought Mr.Owain is sick. Boohoo. Were both lounging in our pajamas watching Dora. Well his snuggled up to me (one nice thing about the sickies) watching Dora while I read a a book I checked out at the Library the other day Take the fight out of Food by: Donna Fish. I really hope this book will give me some new techniques with Mr.Owain's eating habits. For my sanity and for his health. Yesterday I was that mother you who bribed her child  with candy "if you eat all of your breakfast you will get a piece of candy!" He had no problem eating his whole scrambled egg. No problem at all as long as he got a piece of tasty chocolaty reward.I know  this is something I don't want to make a habit out of it but what's a mother to do?

We had a play date schedule for this afternoon, it's canceled now for obvious reason. Tomorrow we had another play date with his best buddy and my good friend. We had plans of being all crafty and making Halloween decorations. I love the Holidays and is really into decorating for it this year. Looks like that will be cancelled too.Double bummer. Hopefully by Saturday Mr.Owain will be feeling better he has his second Saturday of Soccer Tots. I would hate for him to miss it.

Time to get back to snuggling my little man.
1 Response
  1. Darcy Says:

    I hope Mr. Owain kicks this soon! We are still fighting it...
    And we've done the bribery thing too...To me it is worth it to get him to eat a decent meal followed by a small "special treat". He understands that if he does a good job (which doesn't necessarily mean finishing, just doing a good job on what he is given) he will get something extra and if not, then he doesn't get it. Then he is still in control and it isn't a power struggle...
    And we do small "special treats" like some M&Ms or chocolate chips or something like that...