Knock on wood

When we went to pick up Owain from his Grandpa P's this past Sunday. I was hoping he would show some sign of missing his mommy and daddy. After all he spent five hours without us. I thought for sure he would be excited to see us. Nope He was having way to much with his grandpa. I don't think he even cared if he went home with us. I was a little sadden by this after all only being away form him for two hours I was already missing him like crazy and couldn't wait to hug him and give him a whole bunch of mommy kisses. At the same time it is nice that we can leave him for a few hours without him crying the whole time. Grandpa said "Owain is a good little boy" Thats our perfect little angel! Grandpa is already asking when he can babysit again?

Needless to say we had a good productive weekend. Up until late Sunday early Monday whatever you want to call it. I ended up catching a nasty stomach bug and felt absolutely miserable. Lucky daddy was able to take Monday off from work to take care of Owain and myself (I am a big baby when I am sick). I was hoping maybe it was something I ate that was making me feel so ill. The last thing I wanted to do is pass it on to our little man while he is still fighting that nasty cold him and daddy caught last week.

Knock on wood

So far so good Owain hasn't caught that nasty stomach bug. By Tuesday I was feeling almost 100% back to my normal healthy self. Woohoo! Daddy went back to work and Owain and I played all day. I had a lot of catching up to do we didn't play at all on Monday. I was trying to stay clear from him I really didn't want him to get sick again!

Knock on wood

Last night was not a good night for daddy he ended up catching that nasty stomach bug. I think it hit him ten times harder than me. I feel awful I hate seeing him sick. This is man that is rarely sick and within the last two weeks he has been so sick he had to call into work twice. Three time if you count Monday when he called in to help me out.

I am praying that this bug doesn't hit Owain. He is still fighting off his cold and the last thing he needs is to be sick again. I am still struggling to get him to eat because of his cold and I am concerned that he has lost more weight. We will see Friday when we take him in for another weight check.

Knock on wood.
1 Response
  1. Nancy L Says:

    I'm glad Owain enjyed his time with Grandpa but I am so sorry you both ended up getting sick. I will pray with you that Owain doesn't catch it. As if you don't have enough to worry about and things always seem worse and out of proportion when you are ill. Bless your hearts!
    Nancy