Update: on our Friday

Yesterday was a busy and long day. We took Owain to see A Nurse practitioner because he has been fighting a cold since Monday. I wanted to have his lungs listened too and his left ear looked at because he has been pulling on it before the weekend just in case his cold might be turning into something more serious. The Nurse took a good look at his ears,after pulling a ton of ear wax (I was amazed at how much wax came out of such a little ear)she was able to get a good look and they looked. I was relieved that he didn't have an ear infection. His lungs sounded good. So he is just fighting his first cold and it doesn't seem to be affecting him much. Besides his cough and runny nose it doesn't seem to be affecting him much he is happy as can be. We also had him weighed I am disappointed he has lost 3oz. It's not much for him it's huge. He is already so little for his age. He now weighs a little under fourteen pounds. The Nurse didn't seem to concerned,but I am. I want my boy to fatten up! He is so long and skinny. People easily mistake him for a four month old and he is almost eight months. I think I am going to see if we can up his formula intake. He is already on 25cal. Will see what his Doctor recommends. I know he has been eating less because of his cold. Hopefully once his cold is gone he will have a better appetite.

After Owain's appointment daddy went off to work and Owain and I had a play date at my good friend Megan's house. Her son Cian is only four months younger than Owain and he is adorable! It is really cute to watch the boy's interact with each other. Our friend Katie also came over with her newborn Jacob. He is only three weeks old and so cute! We had a good time. It is nice to have girlfriend who have boys too.
3 Responses
  1. Glad everything looks good. Does he have teeth coming in? That can cause ear pulling too.


  2. Amber Says:

    yes we think he has four teeth working their way through.


  3. Fer Says:

    I'm glad everything is ok with owain. I agree, maybe teething is the reason :)