7 am came quite early...

Man, we are tired! We had to be at the hospital at 7:00am. Quite a feat for a guy who works the swing shift, a child who decided to wake up at 3:30 (wide awake) and a wife who couldn't sleep because of the pending surgery. Well, we made it, and were promptly whisked away to wait for two hours... We are so tired.

Finally the anesthesiologist gave Owain his happy juice, which made him extremely loopy. It was pretty fun seeing him so messed up for some reason. It pretty much multiplied his "hammyness/flirttyness" by 10. This happened around 8:45, and about 9:00am they took him in to surgery.

It is 1:42pm, we have been contacted by one of the nurses once 2 hours ago. Apparently, Owain is remaining stable, they found the breach in the patchwork and Dr.Zigman is going to perform a minimally invasive surgery.

It just seems like its taking F O R E V E R! But good news on the minimal invasion eh?

Heres hoping that everything wraps up soon.
4 Responses
  1. Lots of prayers for Owain and his beautiful family. He will be fine, he beat it before he will beat it again. Cant wait to hear the news that he is out of surgery and doing fine. Keep us updated.

    Kristy, mum to angel SKYLA


  2. Jen Says:

    Thinking of Owain (and you guys)! Happy early Birthday Eric!!

    The Millers


  3. Keeping Owain in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everything went well today.


  4. Jen Says:

    I felt compelled to get a get well gift for Owain that I'm pretty excited to give him. I wish I could give it to Sofie too, but Owain really "owns" it. You'll see. If you don't mind giving me an address to ship it to, I would love to just ship it directly to you, if that's okay. If you're not comfortable giving out your address I totally understand. I promise I'm not too nuts (other than never reading my mail, being late to everything, and driving around with expired car tags)!

    Jen
    jtmku@yahoo.com