Update #2 : After the CT scan

After 4 hours at OHSU, we got our Ultrasound and CT scan. The CT scan is pretty amazing. I would encourage anyone that ever gets a CT scan to ask for the images to be put on a disc. Since the images require a special viewer, they bundle it on a CD for you. Then you can create videos/pictures of the 3d image and apply transparent colors to specific data types(ie Muscle tissue, bone structures, air bubbles and more if your computer can handle it or may require XP pro) So while playing around with Owain's CT scan data, I compiled a few video clips of his internals. I am not a Doctor, Surgeon, Radiologist, or trained in the medical field what so ever, but from my exploration in Owain's body I found a couple things that made me *gulp. I am not saying that Owain will definitely need surgery, but from what I pulled from the data, it looks much more likely(to someone untrained in the medical field). Again we are waiting official word from our Surgeon, Dr.Zigman. We should know by tomorrow.

here are the vids(don't be too concerned since I do not have the credentials to make a diagnosis):

#1(shows a slice the questionable area of his left lung)
#2(same section as #1 w/ different transparency preset)
#3(same section as #1/2 w/ different transparency preset I belive the little streak is the patch)

The little box in the lower left is a position reference
L=Left
R=Right
A=Anterior(front)
P=Posterior(back)
S= Superior(top)




2 Responses
  1. Darcy Says:

    I am so glad they have people who know what they are doing and can help your little man! I had to watch those a couple of times before I realized what I was even seeing.
    I remember watching Owen's surgery video and thinking, wow I just saw my son's insides, how many people ever do that? Modern medicine is pretty amazing.
    Still praying for that call from the doc and some good answers!
    darcy


  2. I wasn't able to see the first two videos for some reason, but was able to see the last one. I really haven't seen one of Kaden's CT scans, so I can't compare it with Owain's. Most of the time they can tell in his x-rays...so I am pretty good at reading those. It is a "good" thing that it is difficult to tell right now, maybe it won't be popped. I know how frustrating it can be though because the last time we thought Kaden's popped the surgeons couldn't tell and ended up sending us home, once he could tolerate his feeds again. I hope they find an answer soon to ease your mind.